Sunday, May 17, 2009

That's my girl!!

Most of you know that Lexi is a level 5 gymnast. She has been a gymnast since she was about 3. And it's a very expensive sport to have her in. But I have to tell you this smile makes it all worth it.



Yesterday I think she had the break through that she needed and placed very well in her age division. Okay the best she has done as a level 5 so far!! We couldn't possibly be more proud of her. What's more important is that she is proud of herself and that right there makes all the difference in the world.

My little Ladybug placed 1st on beam, 2nd on floor, 3rd on bars, 6th on vault, and 3rd in the all around!!

I haven't seen her this happy in awhile only because she has been struggling. Right now she has been stuck and it's normal for a gymnast to get stuck and not know how to get around it. I think she figured it out last night. We told her there was no pressure to just go out there and have fun!! And she did Lexi was smiles the whole night!!

I wouldn't have cared if she had not even placed on vault only because her vault has been scary lately. I can't even watch her practice that event I'm so scared that she is going to get hurt on vault. But she did better then ever her dad and I didn't cringe when she went over it!!

Airtime placed first as a team!! they have done so well this season. Lexi is looking forward to state this year they are hoping to place first there as well and I for one have no doubt that they can do it!

Lexi you are awesome and I am so proud to be your mom. You did good baby girl really good. And I think we are all okay living in poverty so you can reach for your dreams. Don't ever stop reaching some day you will fly and I can only hope I get to stand by your side when you do.

No comments: