Friday, May 8, 2009

The choices we make lead us down the paths we take

David and I went through our year books the other day. And I got to thinking about a lot of things that I have done. Some not so bad but other things that I wish I could erase from my past. But at the same time if I had not done the things that I did I would never have met David.

I was far from the best teenager. In fact I was horrible, Gothic Stoner most would have called me. Growing up I never thought I would make it to my sixteenth birthday. So I figured it didn't matter what I did. By the time I was fifteen I was pregnant with my son. which on it's own is bad enough but what was worse is I had followed in my sisters foot steps. Isn't it bad enough when one child has a child as a teenager? Can you imagine the pain I caused my family by doing the same thing my sister had done?

David wasn't fairing much better then me as a teenager in fact some would say he was doing worse then I was. I hated myself but he hated himself so much that he became reckless and destructive. When I met David I could see the pain he had been through and I knew it hadn't been easy for him.

When we met we had both been through so much hell that we were very cautious with each other. Well okay he was more so then me. He had allowed so many people to use him that he didn't trust anyone including me. It took me a long time to get him to truly trust me. But I can tell you that it was worth the wait. I knew he was special even if nobody else seen what I did. And when My mom met him I suppose she seen it to.

Within a month of being with him I was pregnant we new we had to choose a different path, and we chose it together it hasn't been easy and it's been full of ups and downs. But I wouldn't go back and redo it even if I could. We haven't been apart since. it's been a little over fifteen years. And I made it past my sixteenth birthday.

I know I made some bad decisions and went down a lot of wrong paths. In the end the choices I made led me to David and I wouldn't change that for anything. I love you David and I am forever grateful to have you in my life.

2 comments:

carly said...

I feel the same way about my life and relationship with Tyler. If I hadn't moved to Arizona and had Wesley, been so depressed that I had to move back to Utah, I'd have never met Tyler. The timing was perfect and it was pretty much the only time we had the chance to meet each other. Everything happens for a reason!

wasden fam said...

you doing this blog brings the mushy side out of you, i didn't know you had it. jk all i can say is don't regret the past for the past is who you are and the changes you have made from it, if you regret the past you regret who you became and i know you don't.