Friday, May 29, 2009

The joys of being Mom

I'm not really sure what is up with my kids lately. But good lord it's been hard being Mom lately. They have all been sick in the last little bit. And with the end of the school year they don't want to miss anything.

Currently Rylie is doing lots better then she has over the last week or so. Now it's been Lexi's turn to be sick and heaven forbid she misses out on anything at all. And Koby has been okay he hasn't been sick in at least a month HAHA.

Nock on wood that me and David don't get sick cuz well we just don't have time for that. I haven't put in a full week of work in long time and the check book is very sad because of this. But the kids have had mom at home to take care of their needs. Even as they go off to do their activities they make me promise that I will be home if they need me.

On Tuesday I went to work with full intentions of making it through an entire shift and by eight I had Rylie calling to tell me that she had thrown up and wasn't feeling well. I had no choice but to send her to school until I could get the rest of my shift covered. I felt like the worst mom but what else could I do? I got home finally and ran her back to the Doctors office cuz this wasn't a normal sick. The Dr. and I racked our brains trying to figure out what was wrong turned out her little system was just backed up. She has always been sensitive to this stuff but never had she acted like this. I was worried to be honest but she is doing lots better now.

You know even as they get older I still find it hard to leave them home alone while I go off to work. They are still my babies and I still want to do the best I can for them. But why do they have to get sick all at once. They should learn to spread it out HA not all at once and to repeat in order it seems as soon as one gets better the other ones get sick again.

The joys of parenthood. Well at least they are old enough to make it to the toilet now instead of every where but the toilet.

O how I love my kids they are the best!! Even when they are sick. And I have to say it is good to know that even as they get older they still want and need me. I hope that never changes.

No comments: