Wednesday, October 14, 2009

HaPpY bIrTh-Um-DaY

              My little ladybug turns twelve today!

 I don't think you know this but your dad and I tried to get pregnant with you for a little over a year. Come to think about it I don't think a lot people know this little bit of information. I remember when we found out you were a girl your dad freaked out! he wasn't raised around girls and he wasn't sure what to do with one. He told himself that if he was going to have a daughter it ment she wasn't going to be a frilly girl. He always told me that you would know how to change a tire and the oil on the cars. He hasn't made you do either of those things has he? And yet your not a frilly girl! You my little one continue to amaze me, your growing into quite the young lady. Your strong, independent, beautiful, intelligent and so much more then your dad and I ever expected.

Did I ever tell you that I cried when I found out I was pregnant with you? The doctors thought I was sad because I was pregnant!! But I was so happy to be able to give Koby a sibling and to be able to have another child. my pregnancy wasn't to bad but of course you always think that after the fact. You were a little bit of a pain always pushing on things inside me that made me hurt but it was worth it. When the doctors  decided to induce me I went and got your dad from work and I was all smiles. He was like your not in labor why do we have to go now. But you were born within eight hours from start to finish.

Do you know how much you mean to me?

As you grow into what you will be.
You came from within, from just beneath my heart
it's there you'll always be though your own life will now start.
You're growing so fast it sends me awhirl,
With misty eyes I ask, Where's my little girl?
I know sometimes to you I seem harsh and so unfair,
But one day you will see, I taught you well because I care.
The next few years will so quickly fly,
With laughter and joy, mixed with a few tears to cry.
As you begin your growth to womanhood, this fact you must know,
You'll always be my source of pride, no matter where you go.
You must stand up tall and proud, within you feel no fear,
For all you dreams and goals, sit before you very near.
With god's love in your heart and the world by its tail,
You'll always be my winner, and victory will prevail.
For you this poem was written, with help from above,
To tell you in a rhythm of your Mother's heartfelt Love!

Now that you are twelve there will be so much that changes in your life so much that you will go through. I want you to know that I will always be here for you no matter what. I will try to guide you, and at the same time strive to give you the choices to choose for yourself.

            I love you Ladybug Happy Birthday!!

No comments: