Saturday, September 5, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KOBY!!

Koby turns 15 tomorrow and I can't believe it. He is growing up so fast it truly feels like just yesterday he was this tiny little runt that I completly adored. I was 16 when he was born and David was 18, we were kids ourselves when he was born. And even with that being said we loved Koby more then anything in the world. We new that we would do whatever it took to make sure he was happy and loved.

I remember everything with Koby more so then when I had his sisters. I'm not sure why maybe because he was my first or maybe because I was so young and so scared. I remember him moving inside me and how it felt to have this little life in me that depended on me for it's survival. And thinking to myself that we would not become just another statistic. I wanted more for us and so did David.

Koby was such an easy baby he never cried much. I used to have to set my alarm for every 3 to 4 hours so that I could get up and feed him. And he would be waiting patiently in his crib wide awake. He slept better on my chest then anywhere else. I would let him because I myself felt lost unless I was holding him. It sounds corny I know but it's true.

Koby I want you to know that I love you and I'm proud of you. The world is just opening up for you and you have so many things to look forward to. I'll be here for you when you need me. And I'm pretty sure I'll be closing my eyes and holding on to the "O my god bar" for the next year while we teach you how to drive.


A Touch of Love
You were six months old and full of fun.
With a blink of an eye, you were suddenly one.
There were so many things we were going to do,
But I turned my head and you turned two.
At two you were very dependent on me,
But independence took over when you turned three.
Your third birthday, another year I tried to ignore,
But when I lit the candles, there weren't three, but four.
Four was the year that you really strived.
Why, look at you know, you're already five.
Now you are ready for books and for rules,
This is the year that you go to school.
The big day came and you were anxious to go.
We walked to the bus, going oh, so slow.
As you climbed aboard and waved goodbye,
I felt a lump in my throat and tears stung my eyes.
Time goes so fast, it's hard to believe
That just yesterday you were home here with me.
And tomorrow when the bus brings you home and
you jump to the ground,
you’ll be wearing your cap and graduation gown.
So I'm holding to these moments as hard as I can
Because the next time I look,
I'll be seeing a man.

No comments: