Friday, April 3, 2009

It's not contagious is it?

Lexi got the privilege of going to her maturation program yesterday!! You know where they take all the 5Th graders and separate the boys from the girls and then proceed to tell them about what happens to them as they grow up.

Anyway I think she handled it all rather well. I asked her if she had any questions for me and she said no. Then we talked about how it went. And this is when she looked at me and said I think we got the bad end of the deal mom, boys don't have to deal with as much do they? I said no they don't (with a straight face of course).

A little while later I had all three kids with me and we went to the store. Lexi called shotgun so she was up front with me(yes I'm aware she is not 13 and should not be up front). We proceeded to have the following conversation...

Lexi: I learned where babies come from.

Me: you mean from the egg that's in the ovaries?

Her: yes

Me: you know it takes more then just the egg right?

Her: (rolling eyes) yes

Me: Are you sure you understand all this?

Her: (again rolling eyes) yes mom

Me: Okay I'll shut up

Her: you know there are lots of teachers that are pregnant in my school right now. It seems that almost all of the female teachers are pregnant.

Me: Maybe it's in the water? Might be best if you don't drink it right now. It might be contagious.

Her: Mom you can't catch pregnant!!!

Me: are you sure maybe we should be careful?

In the middle of all this I did not realize that Koby was listening to us from the back. And of course him being 14 he knows all

Koby pipes up: No you can't catch pregnant!!

Me: Okay you got me I suppose you can't catch pregnant? But you can still be careful!!

I thought this was great of course because the look on both of their faces was priceless!!

My babies are growing up!!! I'm not really sure how I feel about this. I know I talk a lot about how David and I are going to run away as soon as Rylie is 18. I think this is my defense mechanism. I only know how to be a wife and mom. Being a wife is my easy part. But Being mom is a challenge for me and I love the challenge. So what happens when they grow up and move out? I'll miss them then and I can only hope that they stay close.

No comments: